Sunday, August 23, 2009

Lane's First Day of Pre-School


Lane had his first day of pre-school on Tuesday. Justin, Evelyn and I walked him into the classroom. Once in the room, Lane was curious and started to check the place out. He remembered from the open house that there were cars and dinosaurs to play with. After he checked things out, he sat in his assigned seat. He was not into getting his picture taken, but thankfully I managed to get one. We said goodbye and left. Lane had no objection to us leaving and handled the new environment very well.

Evelyn and I spent some one on one time together, which was great! After a few hours we picked Lane up. As he came out he had a huge smile on his face and was very excited about his "treasure of the day", a sucker. He said he had fun and he seemed to enjoy his first day.

It was a little strange for me. I've never left lane with anyone except family and friends. I was a little worried how he would react to the situation of a new people and environment. But he reassured me with his independent and outgoing behavior that I had nothing to worry about. Lane is a natural at being a pre-schooler.

2 comments:

ljm said...

So cute! I'm glad he did so well. Drew starts in a couple weeks and I'm pretty nervous about his reaction...we'll see.

Grammie Herman said...

Lane,
I am so proud of you. You are such a big boy. I think school is fun fun fun. What a sharp dresser.

Love Grammie Herman