Saturday, April 11, 2009

Cherry Blossom Tree

When I was a little girl, there was a small tree just outside my bedroom window. Every spring the tree would blossom with the most beautiful pink flowers. I enjoyed this spectacular view every spring and felt blessed with it's beauty. Over the years I've grown a fondness for blossoming trees and this spring I was thrilled to discover a Cherry Blossom Tree in our front yard! Our Cherry Blossom Tree blossomed beautifully this spring. It's just lovely and has been a large source of creative inspiration.








The Cherry Blossom Tree is often used as a metaphor for the fleeting nature of life because the blossoms bloom and fade so quickly. Our tree has already lost all it's blossoms, but it was spectacular while it lasted and we had a front row seat.

No comments: