Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Garden Chronicles, Feb. 15, 2009

I've decided to do a series of blogs documenting our experience in creating our first garden. This is where I begin, February 15, 2009.

The soil: wet, clay, dark, red, could form into a ball. May have to mix in some top soil or organic matter.

It felt good to feel the dirt in my hands. Got a sense of connectedness to the earth. Loved the basic simplicity of interacting with the natural resources. And feeling the sun on my skin is always a welcome comfort. I was only outside for a short time but felt a bit of renewal and rejuvenation. I'm also feeling that gardening will be a peaceful experience and I'm excited to begin this small undertaking. Another note; the birds sounded lovely, playful and full of joy. And that sunshine is the ultimate bliss.

2 comments:

ljm said...

Love the garden chronicles. It is such good therapy to get out there in that dirt. I remember that red Georgia clay (I lived there for about a year) which stains everything it touches. I look forward to seeing your garden grow!

gonzomama said...

great idea! we're hoping to grow our first garden too this year. wishing you a plentiful bounty!