Sunday, November 30, 2008

A First Thanksgiving












This year's Thanksgiving holiday was filled with firsts.  Evelyn Ann celebrated her first Thanksgiving, Tori made her first Thanksgiving dinner, the men folk fried their first turkey, and I also tried my hand at home made pie crust.

Evelyn is a big fan of mashed potatoes, stuffing, turkey, green beans and dumplings.  She really enjoyed the feast.  Lane is a bit more picky, and didn't touch anything on his plate.  Although the next day he did sample the pumpkin pie with whipped cream, and ate the whipped cream and left most of the pie on his plate.  Both babies enjoyed the company of family and each other.

Tori's dinner was delicious and we all enjoyed making a contribution.  I personally enjoyed working so close with her and learned a lot about what goes into making such a feast.  Tori taught me the secrets to making a pie crust, which isn't as easy as she makes it look.  Also, she didn't spare any creativity on her table setting, or tablescape as we like to call it.  It was stunning with fall colors, candles, pine co
nes (chosen by Lane), specially folded napkins and completed with fall accessories l
ike baby corn, apples and even a small pumpkin.  It was beautifully created, but not over the top.  A perfect setting for a Thanksgiving feast.

The men folk (John, Justin, Brolin, Lane and Bowzer) contributed to
 this Thanksgiving of firsts by frying a turkey.  There was s
ome major male bonding going on during this activity including beer and cigars.  The turkey turned out to be very juicy and delicious.  A successful first attempt at frying a turkey.

There is so much to be thankful for
, not just on Thanksgiving bu
t everyday.  Over the past several days I've had this overwhelming feeling of gratitude for life.  Life is full of infinite possibilities.  Life gives you the opportunity to love and be loved.  Life is truly beautiful. I am so grateful to be alive!  

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and is enjoying the start of the holiday season!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You seriously do take great pictures. Shoot, all of the pictures I have can't even make a dent or a scratch in just one picture of yours.

Also since I am able to ask you through here, you think you could send pictures of Grandpa and everyone else of your family over to me through mail? I'm thinking about making a video of them.

I think I have a decent idea. I'd like to share it with you and see your opinion. In fact I would like to have your assistance if you like to help out. Just give me an email and I'll tell you then.

bbthebluesman@yahoo.com